Chocolate chip cookies are probably my all-time favorite dessert, and this recipe is one of the very best chocolate chip cookie recipes I’ve made…and I’ve made a lot of cookies over the years!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Beat in the pudding mix until blended.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly blend in the flour mixture, about 1/3 at a time.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
This recipe makes a perfectly soft and chewy cookie!
It’s an unspoken rule in my house that a small amount of cookie dough be saved for my husband! Yes, raw flour and eggs mixed together with chocolate chips are delicious!
A few tips for the best cookies:
- Always use a fresh, cool baking sheet. Never put cookie dough on a warm or hot cookie sheet.
- Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature, but not melted.
- Bake only 1 sheet of cookies in the oven at a time and make sure to place cookie sheet on the center rack.
- Store cookies in a sealed container. To maintain the softest cookies, place a slice of bread in the container with them. The bread will soak up all the air and get hard, keeping your cookies soft!
LOVE ~ JEN