My oldest son loves muffins. I have to make sure to have muffins available every morning because it’s the first thing he asks for after he wakes up! When I hear the “Do you know the muffin man?” song, I think to myself…”yes, yes I do!”
My Mom, knowing Braxton’s love for muffins, passed a new muffin recipe along to me, and with a few modifications I made it my own. My kiddos and husband loved these, and by the next morning all of them were gone! Definitely a hit in my household!
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 – ounce tube refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and diced in 1/4″ cubes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugars.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into 1/2″ pieces. Add to the cinnamon sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Add in the apple cubes.
- Pour melted butter on top of stir to mix.
- Line 9 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Evenly divide the mixture between all the tins and gently press down the mixture into the liner with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the icing on top of the slightly warm muffins.
This recipe is really simple and easy to throw together. The part that took the longest was dicing up the apple. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
LOVE ~ JEN