I make this guacamole often and it is my all-time favorite! It’s a great hit at get-togethers or for Taco Tuesday’s!
If you find yourself being intimidated by avocados, check out this video on how to pick and cut them!
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
You can make this guacamole a day in advance of a party. The key to slowing the browning process is to keep air out. To do this, use a spoon to flatten the guacamole in a dish to press out any trapped air. Then take a piece of plastic wrap and press it down on top of the guacamole pressing out all of the air and then wrap it around the bowl. Get as much of the air out as possible. Unwrap guacamole right before serving and your guacamole should still be green!
Serve with tortilla chips, queso, and salsa for an awesome party appetizer that will sure to be a hit with everyone! With football season underway, this will be on our weekly Sunday Funday menu!
LOVE ~ JEN