I’ve been struggling lately trying to find ways to sneak veggies in my kiddo’s diet. One of them likes broccoli, the other won’t touch it. One loves carrots, the other doesn’t. Neither one of them are very adventurous to try new veggies. Both of them love hot-dogs and sausage, so I decided to try out a new recipe that included sausage and a mix of veggies that they like – even though both of them don’t like all of the veggies in the mixture.
I love this recipe because it’s easy to prep and then just throw everything in the skillet and let it simmer. Cook some rice while the stir-fry is simmering and you have a complete meal!
- 1 package smoked sausage, cut into diagonal 1/4″ slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large bell pepper (color of choice), sliced thin
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1 package frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water if you don’t have any)
- 1/2 cup tomato or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups rice
- Heat olive oil and crushed garlic over medium heat, stir in smoked sausage slices and cook until sausage is browned.
- Add pepper, onion, broccoli, chicken broth, and tomato sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- In the meantime, cook rice according to package directions.
Serve stir-fry with rice.
I hope you and your family enjoy this meal as much as we did. Let me know if you try this recipe and how you liked it!
Much love ~ JEN