When people think of meatloaf, they think of the brick-shaped loaf of meat that maybe their mothers or the school cafeteria used to make. It was bland, boring, and nothing to be desired. This recipe will make you change the way you think of meatloaf.
I came across a recipe similar to this one many years ago when searching for something different to cook. I typically always have the ingredients on hand, so I can make this anytime I’m struggling for an idea for dinner. Another great thing about this recipe is that it is fast and easy to whip up. The longest part is cooking, which takes about 30 minutes. You can have this mixed up and put in the muffin pan in less than 10 minutes.
I have friends who specifically request that I make these for them when they visit. I have passed this recipe on to many people who now make this for their families. My kiddos LOVE these and will usually eat at least two whole servings.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package stove top (any flavor)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- or 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (1/2 cup & 1/4 cup divided)
- 3/4 cup cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Add first 5 ingredients to a bowl, add 1/2 cup bbq sauce. Mix together.
- Spoon mixture into each muffin tin. Use spoon to make indentation in the center of each and fill with remaining 1/4 cup bbq sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- If desired, top with cheese during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
I’d love to hear from you! Let me know if you make these and how they turn out!
Have a lovely day!
XOXO ~ JEN
[…] via My Famous Meatloaf Muffins — Creating sweet things for sweet people […]