I used to buy taco seasoning packets…
Until I recently discovered a recipe for taco seasoning that was a surprisingly simple blend of ingredients I already had on hand. After comparing the ingredients of the recipe to what was listed on the back of the taco seasoning packet, it was a no brainer decision to skip the packets going forward! There are over 14 ingredients in a single store-bought packet of seasoning – including “natural flavor”, silicon dioxide, & sugar. No thank you! Give this recipe a shot, switch from pre-made taco spice blends for your “Taco Tuesday’s!”…you won’t be disappointed!
This homemade taco seasoning is super quick, inexpensive, and full of flavor!
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 ¼ tablespoon sea salt
- 1 ¼ tablespoon black pepper
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
- Use 2 heaping tablespoons of seasoning to 1 pound of meat.
- Use more or less crushed red pepper flakes per your liking.
- Store remaining seasoning in an airtight container.