One of my goals has been to have a nice, sit-down family dinner on Sunday’s. Complete with a formal place-setting of china, silver, stemmed crystal drinkware, floral centerpieces, candles, and music playing in the background to set the mood.
I usually don’t like to just fold the napkin into a rectangle and set it to the side. The napkin can be turned into a piece of art and can really turn your table-setting from blah to wow! You can make a Christmas tree for Christmas, a turkey for Thanksgiving, a rabbit for Easter, I’ve even seen a napkin folded into a heart. The list is endless!
So if you’re looking to spruce up your table setting, one easy way to do that is to learn a new napkin fold!
This flower napkin fold looks impressive and is fairly easy to do!
Here are the steps…
Start with a starched, ironed napkin. My napkin is 17” x 17”.
- Fold all corners in to make a diamond shape.
- Fold the new 4 corners in to the middle.
- You should now have a smaller square/diamond.
- Carefully flip over the square.
- Again, fold the 4 corners in to the middle making an even smaller square.
- Hold the 4 corners in the middle of the napkin.
- Carefully pull out the bottom layer under each corner.
- Once all 4 corners are pulled out from underneath, take those corners and carefully pull them up and out to make the petals of the flower.
- Viola! Now you have a beautiful folded napkin!
Place it on a pretty china plate giving your table an instant wow factor!
In case setting a formal table is intimidating to you, here’s my go-to visual guide…