Salmon is a fish that is loaded with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D, which are all great nutrients for the body! I make this delicious salmon recipe often, and my whole family loves it! Throw everything in a pan, marinade, and pop the dish in the oven. It’s so easy!
Start with fresh salmon. Salmon does not last or keep in the fridge like other fresh meats. You will want to buy fresh and use within 24 hours. I have tried frozen fillets and it just never tastes as good.
- 16 ounces fresh salmon fillet
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place salmon in a glass baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over salmon
- Cover and marinade in fridge for at least 30 minutes. I usually throw this together and pop it in the fridge to marinade while I’m at work.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover dish with foil and bake salmon for 35 minutes or until salmon is flakey and at least 145 degrees.