Do you buy expensive pre-made granola bars from the grocery store? Do you buy them thinking you are providing your family with a “healthy” snack option? Think again. Those pre-made granola bars are loaded with preservatives, sugars, and ingredients I can’t even pronounce. Take a look at the ingredients list for yourself. If the thought of feeding these chemical-laden snack bars to your children has you thinking twice, I have a solution for you!
These quick and healthy granola bars really live up to their name. They take less than 10 minutes to make and consist of only 5 ingredients that I’m sure most of you already have on hand. Best part of all, no baking or heating up the kitchen during those hot summer days!
Gather all the ingredients, mix them up in a bowl, make the bars and pop them in the fridge! In just minutes, you will have a truly healthy snack for the whole family! My 4-year-old picky eater devours these tasty little treats!
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raw, unfiltered honey (plus 1 tablespoon if using chia seeds)
- 1/8 cup chia seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Use a granola bar pan to make the bars, or line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and press mixture into the bottom.
- Place in the fridge and 3-4 hours to all bars to set.
- If using a baking dish, cut into 12 rectangular bars.
Store bars in fridge for 2-3 weeks. You can also wrap the bars individually and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
I hope you give these healthy, yummy bars a try!